7.28.2009

Ow, ow, ow

Very bad night last night for pain - bad enough I couldn't sleep. I tried watching SeaQuest, but the episode of season 2 I chose was almost as painful as most of my body. I finally got to sleep around 6 AM, (having been tired enough to go to bed at 12) but had to get up to go look at some more apartments and go to a medical appointment.
First apartment was very pretty but waaaaay too small. Second apartment was really nice, but too expensive and also in a slightly sketchy part of the neighborhood. Apparently very sketchy, actually, as someone got beaten and stabbed in front of there recently. (I have an alibi.) While we might be able to negotiate lower rent, stabbiness is something I prefer to retain a monopoly on within my local block. Also, despite being first floor, there are several stairs up and down. Plus, one of the women we met there today reminded me of a super scary woman I know/knew professionally - very faux British "oh dahhhling" without a trace of irony, gin-soaked sort of woman. Surprisingly, she was not the one who was beaten and stabbed. So, I think we're leaning heavily back toward the garden apartment.
After all this and my appointment, I decided like a dumbass to walk several blocks to go visiting today. While I did get a milkshake out of the deal, I had to stop and rest on the way home and am in pretty severe pain again. I can feel the individual bones in my feet and every one of them hurts. My bra felt like it had teeth. My hips aren't rotating so much as clunking. My fingers feel like my feet do. Forearms and shoulders are not much happier. I think I may have to ask for something a bit stronger than ibuprofen for days like today...
Or, I could wander across the street. I'm pretty sure the dealers in the park have heroin and I suspect it'll be easier to obtain than, say, pseudoephedrine. :P Unfortunately, I suspect my appearance also simply screams "NARC!!!!" Sigh. And I hate needles. Double sigh.

4 comments:

Chip said...

That's what you get for watching any episode of seaQuest after the one where they find the alien spaceship at the bottom of the sea. I'm pretty sure the aliens crashed it trying to do a gainer over a Great White.

Unknown said...

I suppose you're right...it is sort of fun to watch Roy Scheider slowly realize that the show is becoming unsalvageable and just give up...

Michele said...

Heading across the street for pain killers? hahaha... I told my boss/friend that I was going to visit the apartments across the street from our business for them! (Very obvious there is a dealer in there!)
I know the pain, or pains like yours. You have my sympathy. I am allergic to NSAIDS (Advil, ibruprofen, etc)so it is Tylenol or 'scrip stuff. I just shelled out $108 for one months supply!
OH, look... the neighbors are home! I gotta go! It's welfare payday so I'm sure he has some good stuff... I'll let you know how I make out! hahaha

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sympathy. I'm immensely grateful that my allergies don't (yet) include NSAIDS. Even if they do hurt my stomach, they seem to at least make a dent in my pain. Prescription costs are so ridiculous! We're very lucky with our coverage now, but I think we're in a tiny minority.
Seriously - I think heroin might be cheaper. Even with jail time and court costs. :P