3.31.2010

New Sewing Machine

Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin Sewing machine 74 Stitch functionsKenmore Drop-In Bobbin Sewing machine 74 Stitch functions

Went out and got my new machine last night at Sears (for far less money that the Amazon link, by the way).  She's very pretty - with red accents where the green in the photo above is.  Haven't played with her yet as I think Tom gave me his cold and I'm feeling pretty out of it.  I did do a basic test out of the box last night and she seems very fast and very quiet.
Still working on a name.

It also occurs to me that between the pearls and the sewing machine, I'm turning into a latter-day, foul-mouthed June Cleaver.  Awesome!

Also thinking of picking up a good intro to sewing book.  I have a few ideas, but if any of you clever readers have suggestions, I'd love to see them.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ooh, a new sewing machine. Mine only does straight, zigzag, and buttonholes, just enough for my needs. You had some birhday! Hope your cold's going away.