10.15.2009

And today in "holy crap, you're stupid!"


Interracial couple denied marriage license in La. - Yahoo! News

I think I may have damaged my forehead smacking it in exasperation.

The truly classic quote from the article:

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

1. Dude, you're a racist. Resorting to the "I have tons of insert race/ethnicity/other status here friends" argument usually means you are.
2. Even if you did to begin with, I don't think you have "piles and piles of black friends" anymore.
3. Extra bonus points for "I let them use my bathroom" and "I don't believe in mixing the races that way"
4. Does he always refuse to marry people if he thinks the marriage won't last long?

Dear Mr. Bardwell,
You are a racist. You may not be willing to admit it, but you are. You're also an idiot.

Sincerely,
Most adults with a semi-functional brain



No comments: