5.24.2009

I suck!

I failed in my goal of posting something everyday!  Oh well, everyone needs a day off now and then, right?  Yesterday we went on a nature walk after I made the oh so mature demand of my husband:  "I want to see bunnies and duckies!!!!"  Oreo didn't get to come because the park district is speciesist.  It was pretty fun - we got to get ridiculously close to some cottontails and watch them for some time.  Same with a pair of mallards.  And there were trees and flowers and the weather wasn't too warm or too cold.  Yay!  I had a brief, weird moment where the toes on my left foot felt like they were burning for no apparent reason.  Only lasted a few minutes.  Didn't bother me too much, but I wish my peripheral neuropathy or whatever the hell that was had done that in the depths of winter - then my toes might have been warm.
I also got to use my Borders coupon and scored Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd.  Tom unkindly pointed out that it wasn't going to do me much good as I don't so much know how to knit yet, but I stuck my tongue out at him and called him names, so it's all good.
All of the above totally wore me out, so I vegged out on the couch most of the rest of the night, save for a brief interval wherein we bathed Oreo.  He's only just now forgiven me.  And we changed the bed and fluffed up the down mattress pad and comforter, which made getting into the bed way more blissful than usual.  I woke up today with some major weakness in my left hand, but I'm managing to type without too much trouble.

No comments: