5.03.2011

Still Alive-ish

The Head AcheImage via WikipediaMy thyroid is being stupid again so we're fiddling with Synthroid doses.  I've also been having a dreadful time with migraines and trying to catch up after the 2-week span of evil pestilence cold.

Anyway, hopefully the new Synthroid dose will get me back in the sweet spot of not too high, not too low and maybe help the migraines.

I've finally decided to give CoQ10 supplements a trial too.  There is good, if preliminary evidence from limited trials for migraine prevention.  The supplements are a pricey, which has made me hesitate trying it, but I'm desperate.  So, 100mg 3 times a day for 3 months and we'll see if it helps. 

I've tried getting back to daily exercise after slacking off for most of the winter (because I couldn't bear to take my slippers and socks off to use the Wii in the cold) and managed to over do it Sunday and am paying for it today.  Because CFS needed to remind me it owns my ass, I guess.  Anyway, finding the right amount of exercise will help the migraines too.  My neuro did warn me that too much can be as bad as too little.  Fun. 

I've been trying to discipline myself to meditate a bit in the mornings too, but I have trouble taking the time.  It feels like "wasting time" even though it may help.

Better news though is that the blood pressure med we've tried for migraine prevention is at least helping with my heart rate - it's no longer sky high all the damn time.  So, um, yay. 

It's also gotten cold again but not quite cold enough for the boiler to be back on for the radiators.  My hands and feet are screaming with Raynaud's and even my lips were purple earlier today.  And Oreo and I have been fighting over the heating pad.

Hoping I'll feel up to actual posts again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chronic autoimmune syndromes suck big time! I hope the med and supplement changes help. Remember, only the negative effects are fast. It will take a while to feel better. I know neither of us will feel 'great' but here's to the best you can be! ;)

Timothy Reid said...

Hope your feeling a bit better today!

Take care