10.26.2009

I've been shot!

It was a flu shot.  Just the regular one - they don't have the H1N1 (aka hamtrax) one at my primary care group.  Had my regular follow-up.  I need to look into checking my BP more often - it was fine today, but has been high at other times.  That could just be from stress being at the doctor's office (gee, why would I be stressed?).  So, I'll keep an eye out for low-priced home monitors.  My primary care doc suggests I get the H1N1 if I can, so I guess I'll keep an eye out to see when/if it becomes easily available around here.
We talked about my rollator request.  She offered to send me back to physical therapy for a new evaluation, which is apparently necessary for such things.  I told her I'd wait until spring.  Thinking about it, I don't think a rollator would do very well in the snow.  Nor do I fancy trying to heave it onto a bus full of undergrads.
And it seems my basic method of pain relief is okay - NSAIDs (usually ibuprofen) plus an OTC proton pump inhibitor when necessary because my stomach hurts.  Yay.
She also helped me get my pulmonary function test scheduled sooner.  Pretty cool.

I managed to get several rows of k1,p1 ribbing done on the fingerless gloves I'm making up as I go along.  Several older ladies were fascinated while we all waited for our flu shots.

The nurse who gave me a flu shot was wonderful. Very cheery.  I made her laugh asking how many people come in a drop their pants.  We wound up talking about race-relations of all things and it was wonderful.  I barely noticed the shot.

No comments: