5.21.2009

Bleh

I think anxiety on a few fronts is starting to take its toll on me - I'm pretty tired and weak again today and slept a good 12 hours last night. My brain is fairly foggy as well today.   I did enjoy a walk at Promontory Point with the husband and the Oreo.  The weather has finally warmed up and, true to form, I contrarily find it too warm.    Oreo totally failed yet another are you a dog or an alien creature test.  We saw a cottontail in a patch of clover.  Tried to point it out, Oreo was oblivious.  We got within 10 feet of the bunny, who seemed rather unimpressed with the potential threat Oreo presented, and then Oreo finally saw the bunny.  He made a half-hearted lunge at the rabbit.  The rabbit ran off to some rocks, but didn't even bother ducking into a burrow or otherwise hiding.  Oreo gave up after running about 3 feet.  Yeah.  Didn't even bother to bark.
He did, however, talk smack/attempt to murder to a larger spaniel of some type, a retriever mix, and a Bichon Friese.  And, once the Bichon's owner had taken her out of sight, he totally worked the Oreo-strut - the proud little pimp walk he pulls when he's "run off intruders."
I do finally have photos to post of my latest projects.  I'll get around to those later today or maybe tomorrow.  I'm mostly inclined to curl up on the couch and watch Waiting for God or the new Doctor Who or something similar.   (Yes, I am still loving Netflix + Roku)  Hurray for ambition!

2 comments:

JulieT said...

Sekhmet was adopted in Hawaii (land of reptiles, mongoose, and wild pigs), and moved with us to South Carolina (land of bunnies, pheasant, squirrels, and chipmunks) and I am ashamed to report the stupid cat is afraid of bunnies. Sad, sad, sad.

Unknown said...

What is it with our ferocious beasts? Do they know something we don't? Maybe the bunnies have tactical missiles in their warrens?