3.23.2009

What's with all the freakin' cupcakes!

So, I subscribe to feed for a few Flickr pools that have craft stuff, especially amigurumi, because I enjoy seeing other people's creations and it gives me inspiration for my own still entirely hypothetical designs.
Now, far be it for me to criticize the work of other people in this case, but WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE FREAKIN' CROCHETED CUPCAKES already!?!?!?!  Seriously.  They're beautiful as far as techniques goes.  Many are remarkably elaborate.  But...cupcakes?  I don't get it.  You can't eat them.  They aren't really anthropomorphized in any way.*  You are not going to manage a totally rad April Fool's joke by leaving them on people's desks.  
If you don't believe me, go search Flickr for 'cupcake' and 'crochet' or 'amigurumi' - I dare you.  Here, I'll even do it for you click if you dare.  987 results!  Sweet zombie Jesus, people!

*Okay, on edit, I take it back - some are anthropomorphized and pretty adorable.  But still!

No comments: