9.14.2009

Old Timey Awesomeness

A few weeks ago we went out to the Deep River County Park in Hobart, IN to watch a historic re-enactment baseball game and basically hang out. Turns out historic baseball enthralls me almost as much as modern baseball, so we went wandering. There is a nifty historic gristmill at the park so we went to check out the mill house.
It's three stories and the stairs are very narrow but I managed to get up and down anyway and it was totally worth it for the little reconstruction of an historic bedroom on the second floor.
The first photo on the right is a close-up of the wallpaper - very cute domestic items.

The second is a quilt made by the local hand-quilters group that meets at the mill. I really, really love the little bonneted girl motif.
We wound up going back to the park this weekend with some other friends to hike the trail. Very fun, though I'm very sore and tired today. It's a fairly eas trail and very scenic. There are some fairly nice horse trails as well and I was very pleased to see some horses.
Posted by Picasa
Edit:  A good friend informed me that the motif on the quilt blocks is Sunbonnet Sue and pointed me in the direction of a web site.  Awesomeness!

No comments: