6.29.2009

Recuperating

I'm recuperating after a long but enjoyable week-end with visitors. We had a lovely time at the Lincoln Park Zoo on Friday. My husband lovingly pushed me through the entire zoo and to Watertower Place on Michigan Avenue in a wheelchair so that I could join in on the outing. He swears it didn't tire him out and wasn't too much trouble. It certainly made the day far more possible for me, though I was still very tired and very sore by the end of it. The wheelchair does open up some more possibilities for extended outings.

Saturday I had to sleep in, fortunately this wasn't too much of a problem. We went to the beach in the afternoon which I enjoyed a great deal - the cool water and buoyancy are very soothing.

At some point on Thursday, knitting (at least stockinette) finally clicked for me and I have a nice start on some fingerless gloves.

I am, unfortunately, still very stiff and sore and achy from being out and about so much combined with rather stupid goofing off with wheeling myself in the wheelchair. However, I think a few days of rest will do me good.

I also have over 1000 items in my Google Reader to go through, so at least I won't be bored.

No comments: