4.06.2009

Shades of Sudan

[Edit]: As per usual with Cyanide and Happiness, I cannot get it to load within the post column without cutting off the final frame(s).   Clicking on the comic will take you to a readable version.  Not sure how to solve this problem, but I'll see what I can do. If anyone has suggestions for my mostly-html-illiterate self, they'll be appreciated if I can understand them. ;)  
Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


I have this hypothesis that social pecking order among the men in the area where I was digging is partially indicated by sunglasses.  The more blinged-out the glasses, the more significant the person.  I wish I'd been able to get some good illustrative pictures.  One guy had these fabulous Chanel (or meant to be) sunglasses with the gold interlocking C's.  The thing is, he managed not to look ridiculous at all.
The thrill my crew that season for part of the dig - Abdullah and Ramalli, two local teenagers - got from borrowing my sunglasses when I took their pictures fits in nicely with my hypothesis.  If only I'd had more pairs and hadn't desperately needed them, I'd have gifted them happily - those guys were awesome.


Ramalli
Abdullah

No comments: